Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Inspired Designs and Designers


Today, I'm going to share some thoughtful design work from some of my favorite artists.  This page won't need a lot of narrative so just enjoy the work.

The first piece I have chosen is an acrylic 5x7 panel...small, but what a punch.  I love the yellowish background contrasting with the Saguaro Catus.  Simple and effective.  Great placement and cropping.  Lots of whimsy and fun.  You can check out more of her paintings and artwork in her shop on ArtFire where she showcases her unique work at GildedOwlJewelry's 



Secondly, I have loved the way that MartieRocco uses (actually re-uses) guitar strings in her thoughtful designs - for example in this guitar string bracelet. You are wearing a unique, one of a kind piece - what a conversation starter!



I'm going to showcase a few artists each day to demonstrate what I think is good design - and why....want to add something you have?  Contact me....

4 comments:

  1. Lynn,
    I agree about the excellence of Gilded's painting. Too bad that your photo of Martie's guitar string creation is not showing up just now. But I am sure that will be an easy fix. Thanks for joining us.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Arizona and saguaro cactus were a familiar sight. I agree that the painting depicts a whimsical view of that stately desert plant. I also enjoy browsing Martie Rocco's shop. The jewelry made from guitar strings and picks is so unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that bracelet! It's so cool! Perfect bead selection to go with the strings. Thank you for including my Blue Cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in the Southwest (although there are no saguaros here), I have admired Chris' saguaro painting from the first day she listed it (: Can just imagine the cactus blooming and the pollinating bats coming to visit the flowers at night for their nectar-fix.

    ReplyDelete