The Value of Listening, Seeing and Feeling
Taking time to listen to your inner voice is as important as any other single element when designing or creating. It is necessary to think about why you are creating this piece; why you are using this material; why you think the size is appropriate and the scale is correct ; is the design stretching your abilities and increasing the knowledge of your materials; will this be a satisfying experience for you as the designer. If you can make all these things come together, then I believe you will be creating a successful piece. This is not to say that if you have to struggle to make something work that it won't be a success...it just means that sometimes increasing your knowledge and skill set will take energy and patience, and that in of itself, will make it satisfying.
I incorporated a new technique (to me) of hollow bead formation to make this charm bracelet. I wanted to try it so I read, studied tutorials and jumped in. I designed the rest of the bracelet around the hollow charm form by using different techniques but keeping the scale and size appropriate for the piece.
A fellow ArtFire artist also shows her inner voice in this piece. Soothing, unique and totally inspired by her inner muse.
COVER GIRL BEADS
I have enjoyed reading about listening, feeling and seeing. I reminds us all to take the time to study and be articulate about what we enjoy making, whether it be jewelry, jewelry beads, crochet, soap, etc. You are an inspiring artist and I am honored to be included in your blog. Thanks for sharing my handmade lampwork glass slider bead.
ReplyDelete